Reinforcing our shoulder and back work out, we will repeat last Thursdays! I may be projecting but I think this is possibly the most important workout of the week along with actually getting in to the gym and training your back and shoulders to keep you standing tall and proud. And just to illustrate the "anywhere anytime" I squeezed this one in after school drop off and just before the start of class!
- 30 sec Alternating, full arm extension overhead/side stretch
- 10 full arm and shoulder rolls (5 forward and 5 back)
- 20 x Scapula Push Up
- 20 x Scap “Y” (floor based “superman”)
- 20 x Pike Push Up
- 20 x Side Plank with Pulse (each side)
- 1 min break
Repeat this set 5 x
Take breaks when and if needed to ensure you keep your form and do the full movement. For all of these exercises a great break would be child's pose for a few seconds and needed.
- 20 Burpees with variations as needed
- (burpee with full to the floor press up; burpee with tuck jump for greater challenge, burpee without the jump for anyone with knee problems!)
by Hilary Rifkin