For years now I have been doing a second “leg” day on Fridays. So I decided not to break with tradition and have given your last workout of week 3 a bit of a leg focus.
- 1 min fast feet
- hold hip flexor stretch for 30 sec each side
- 30 sec down dog position for hamstrings
Workout: All of the exercises below can be done with or without dumbbells as illustrated in videos.
- 20 x squats
- 20 x squat jumps
- 20x walking lunges (careful to keep your knee from drifting too far over your toes as you step into the lunge)
- 20x lunge jumps
- 20x sumo deadlift (chest stays lifted; to avoid hyperextension of your neck, find a spot on the floor about 2 feet in front of you and stare at it!)
- 20x hip thrusts (both feet on the floor, single legs or added weight for advanced)
1 minute rest
As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes
- 4min plank (alternating 1 min still, 30 sec mountain climbers)